Baby Plus You Wellness for Two is an online destination that provides expectant and new moms with the information they need to achieve healthy nutrition and wellness for themselves and their babies throughout various parenting stages. With a variety of interactive features, the program offers users valuable information in a community-focused, welcoming and fun environment. With a focus on health, nutrition, wellness and feeding, Baby Plus You Wellness for Two concentrates on a core mission that eating and feeding is the best way to ensure wellness for both baby + you.
Healthy Pregnancy: Focuses on health advice for expectant moms to promote their health along with the well-being of their babies. Content provides the latest information on how to eat, what vitamins to take, what foods to avoid, how to deal with cravings and more.
Healthy Baby: Offers crucial guidance for new moms on how to properly feed and care for a new baby, including information on healthy child development.
Healthy Mom: New moms are, of course, focused on their babies, but they also struggle to adapt to changes in their own bodies. This content provides advice on emotional and physical wellness post-birth, especially as it relates to nutrition.
Additional multimedia elements:
Milestones:New and soon-to-be moms want to know exactly what to expect post-birth to ensure their babies grow normally. This tool reviews what to expect in both stages:
- Pregnancy: Baby’s size, fetal development, mom’s nutrition.
- New baby: Baby this month, sleeping, feeding, development, milestones.
Recipes:This database allows moms to search recipes by mom’s stage (pregnancy, new mom) and tags (ingredients, nutritional benefits):
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy-approved recipes that take into account what mom can and can’t eat -- and what she should be eating for baby.
- New Mom: These recipes help moms get healthy post-pregnancy, guiding food choices while providing the special nutrients they need.
Feeding Q&A: Within this section, moms post questions to various parenting/feeding topics, answered by our medical, health and social experts (and real moms!).
Poll, Community & Micro Blog: The Baby + You community invites moms to share the latest baby news and advice with their peers. Moms respond to a relevant poll; the response page offers consolidated reader results along with a related opinion blog on the subject by our staff mom (who also happens to be a parenting expert, e.g., nutritionist, pediatrician, sleep expert). Related community forums spark conversation about pregnancy and post-pregnancy subjects, allowing users to interact with editors, experts and other moms.
- Emily Lapkin is a writer, editor and Web content specialist who has covered health and parenting topics for nearly two decades. She previously managed the health and wellness channels of iVillage.com and was Editor-in-Chief of BabyZone.com. Lapkin is mom to two young daughters.
- Colleen Canney is a group editor at Studio One Networks. She has written and edited health and home content for a variety of national lifestyle publications, including The Knot, The Nest, The Bump and Zink magazines.
- Kim Galeaz, R.D., is a registered dietitian and owner of Galeaz Food & Nutrition Communications based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Galeaz is a culinary-nutrition consultant, writer and spokeswoman for the food, beverage and agriculture industry.
- Maureen Healy is a freelance writer in Portland, Ore. who frequently contributes to Fit Pregnancy, New Parent and Baby & Toddler magazines. She and her partner James McDonough are currently trying to get pregnant with their first child.
- Monica Gullon writes about food, nutrition and health. Her work has been published in Shape, Women's Health, Fitness and Fit Pregnancy, among others. She was previously Food and Nutrition Director at Viv digital magazine.
- Jennifer Kula is a mother of two who writes about health and parenting. She was previously a senior editor at BabyZone.com.
- Dr. Sandy Chung is a mom of four and a board-certified pediatrician and President of Fairfax Pediatric Associates. She is the author of Dr. Sandy's Top to Bottom Guide to Your Newborn, writes a parenting blog, and contributes frequently for many national publications.
- Beth Grams Haxby, Ed.M., is a sleep and parenting consultant, longtime former teacher and parent of two. She presents the latest sleep research to educators, physicians and parents and works with families to solve common sleep and parenting issues.
- Lynn Grieger, R.D., C.D.E., is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator with experience in hospitals, outpatient clinics and private practice. She’s also a mom of two and a certified health and wellness coach/personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Rebecca Charlton, M.P.H., R.D., C.L.E., is a clinical dietitian at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.